“What time is your gathering on Sunday, and where is it?”
Our weekly gathering is at 10am in the hall at Epsom Girls Grammar. You can find out more about our Sunday gathering here.
“What is a Sunday gathering like?”
We care a great deal about creating an environment that is warm and welcoming. We try our best to explain why we do what we do so that everyone feels included. Generally, people are seeking to know and love God, to live in community with one another, and are playing their part in what God is doing. Some are checking out Christianity for the first time, while others have been in church their whole lives. Central Vineyard is a place where you can come to be loved while you wrestle with the questions you have about Jesus. It’s okay if you don’t have it all figured out yet, we don’t either!
Our gatherings start at 10am with a time of sung worship, followed by a message, and ending with a time of responding to God, where you can worship a little more, participate in communion, receive prayer, pray for others, or simply stand back and observe.
“What’s that communion thing all about?”
Communion is a 2000 year old tradition that Jesus started, and we quite like a lot of what it symbolises, plus everyone can participate in it because everyone needs to eat and drink to live. Here’s a few principles that inform the way we practice communion:
- We remember Christ’s sacrifice for us, so it doesn’t matter what merit we bring to the table.
- We recognize there is a mystery to the table, so we approach it with humility and reverence rather than know-it-all arrogance.
- We also are declaring our fidelity to Jesus, whose supper it is, so we point our lives toward him no matter how close or far we are from him.
- Because there is grace imparted, we believe that those who recognize their need of God’s grace the most are the most welcomed at the table.
- Because grace is only accessed by faith, empty religion finds no place at this table.
“How can I get connected?”
There are many ways to get connected at Central Vineyard. Our Sunday gatherings are just a small part of what it means to be a part of our church family. Some ideas on how to get connected include
- Our Circles.
- Joining one of our teams to serve our Church family or the wider community.
- Walking up to someone at a Sunday gathering and asking them if they would like to meet with you over a meal or coffee.
“What about my children?”
Central Vineyard Kids is a growing ministry and a vibrant place for your child. We have an awesome kids ministry co-ordinator and would love to have you and your kids join us for church.
“How can I give?”
It’s actually quite easy, just click here.
“I hear you are a Vineyard church, what’s that all about?”
We are a part of Vineyard Churches Aotearoa New Zealand and align ourselves with the Vineyard Statement of faith. The Vineyard movement has a short, nuanced history, and as such may be movement you are unfamiliar with. Visit these links to read about what we believe, and what we are about.
“I still have questions! What do I do?!”
You can either come to one of our ‘Welcome to Central Vineyard Evenings’ to learn more about our family or send us an email. We would love to answer any questions you still have.